Monday, January 26
Stories 1 & 2
Thursday, January 29
Stories 3 & 4
All are invited to come to school next Saturday morning to begin creating and painting the scenery, props, and costumes for the show. We will also be creating headpieces for all of the animals. If you have any of the following supplies stashed in a closet somewhere, and you'd like to get rid of them, send them to school this week, and we'll transform them into costume pieces! Thanks!
- leopard-print fabric (roughly a yard, or more)
- brown fabric (not felt; any color brown; roughly a yard, or more)
- green fabric (not felt; roughly a yard, or more)
- black fabric (not felt; at least a yard, or more)
- white fabric (not felt; soft; at least a yard, or more)
- Decorative feathers, colored and white
- elastic, 3/4" or wider
- Some type of knit or woven shawl or netting (to be dyed black and used as a spider web)
- Newspapers (to be used for paper maché)
Please do not go out and purchase these items. I'll see what you send in by Friday, and will then purchase what we still need before Saturday.
There will be many projects to tackle. Helpful tools to bring:
- exacto knives
- drop clothes
- fabric scissors
- thread in "animal" colors
- wire snips
Some costume decisions are listed below. More to follow, soon.
Anansi 1 - backpack-style costume with stiff arms to be made at school; wear black clothes beneath costume; spider web to be made at school
Anansi 2 - backpack-style costume with hidden arms to be made at school; wear black clothes beneath costume
Anansi 3 - backpack-style costume with stiff arms to be made at school; wear black clothes beneath costume
Anansi 4 - wear black clothes; headpiece to be made at school
All animals - wear black clothes; headpieces will be made at school
Nobles, Rey Julian, Anunciador - wear black clothes; you will wear royal vests from a previous PSI show (I have the vests.)
Osa #1 & #2 - skirt and apron, more details soon
Fairies - black leggings with tutus (Drama Club has some if you don't have one), flats for shoes;
Do you have, or could you borrow, fairy or butterfly, wings?